If you still aren’t convinced that it is important to make a site mobile friendly, Google has released a new and pretty impressive stat.
Avinash Kaushik, a Digital Marketing Evangelist with Google, tweeted that Google Chrome passed one billion monthly active users this month… for mobile alone.
Google Chrome passed one billion Monthly Active Users this month. On mobile alone! #omg
— Avinash Kaushik (@avinash) April 21, 2016
This is a lot of users that could pass over a non-mobile-friendly site for one that is.
Google has been pushing mobile friendliness pretty hard for the last year or so, launching the first mobile friendly ranking boost last April, which will be followed with a second ranking boost next month. Both mobile friendly ranking boosts look at whether a site is mobile friendly or not, and will not be dependent on any other ranking signals.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017