If you still aren’t convinced that it is important to make a site mobile friendly, Google has released a new and pretty impressive stat.
Avinash Kaushik, a Digital Marketing Evangelist with Google, tweeted that Google Chrome passed one billion monthly active users this month… for mobile alone.
Google Chrome passed one billion Monthly Active Users this month. On mobile alone! #omg
— Avinash Kaushik (@avinash) April 21, 2016
This is a lot of users that could pass over a non-mobile-friendly site for one that is.
Google has been pushing mobile friendliness pretty hard for the last year or so, launching the first mobile friendly ranking boost last April, which will be followed with a second ranking boost next month. Both mobile friendly ranking boosts look at whether a site is mobile friendly or not, and will not be dependent on any other ranking signals.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020