Google recently began testing appointment bookings in the knowledge panel, through a Demandforce and Intuit partnership. These bookings, called Place Actions Forms, are displayed within the organic knowledge panel in the Google search results. Google is now expanding these appointment bookings to more providers, including the most popular booking appointment platform used by salons in the US. They have also expanded them to mobile as well.
Here is how it displays in the mobile search results, both in its collapsed version, and when expanded.
This one is powered by StyleSeat.com. Booker, another service booking tool, has also added support for bookings via Google knowledge panel.
This is still in beta, according to Booker, so it is likely we will see even more service providers added. But while there is no charge by Google to include these bookings in the knowledge panel, the third parties providing the data to Google all seem to charge for the service.
It also seems to be only testing within the US at this time.
Thank you to Kristine Schachinger for the screenshots.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018