While much of the data is accurate, Google doesn’t quite get the information under websites correctly. When you look at the actual LinkedIn page (when you aren’t logged in), it has links to both a company website and personal website, but Google isn’t parsing that information to include the website name.
It isn’t clear why Google is showing the LinkedIn featured snippet for this particular employee, and not for other people. One possible reason is the lack of social media profiles, other than LinkedIn, with both the person’s name and the company name.
This is a nice addition to the search results, and I can see some people – especially those who might be job hunting – really liking the LinkedIn featured snippet for their name.
H/T Thom Craver
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017
- Google Adds “On This Page” Above Internal Section Sitelinks - May 19, 2017
- Google Adds Expandable AdWords Ads With Carousels on Mobile - May 18, 2017
- Google Continues Featured Snippets Without Second Organic Listing - May 17, 2017