If you have been waiting to file a reconsideration request because the manual action is not showing up in Google Search Console, you should be good to file it now. Google has fixed the bug that prevented manual actions from showing up in Search Console, which also affected the ability for site owners to then file a reconsideration request when they fixed the problem.
The problem first showed up about a week ago when site owners were reporting that they received an email about the manual action, but that it wasn’t showing up in the manual actions section of Search Console. So site owners could fix the problems, but had no way to file a manual action to see it lifted from their site in the search results.
John Mueller has reported that the issue should be resolved.
— John Mueller (@JohnMu) October 25, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018