Google is testing out a new version of Google Flights ads, this time with destination images to entice clicks.
Conrad O’Connell was the first to spot the new test.
They are labelled as Sponsored, and it also includes a link for more destinations. It isn’t clear where Google is pulling the thumbnails from, as some are scenic shots while others are clip art style.
I couldn’t replicate this so it appears to be a limited test.
I suspect these ads will get clicked on more than the usual ones, since thumbnails tend to draw a searchers eye.
Google has tested a variety of methods of promoting their Google Flights product in the search results, including placing them above AdWords in the search results and search boxes within the search results too.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020