Google has once again made changes to their Home Service Ads that appear for some services and trades in the Google search results. Most noticeably, they have now added a new “Send Request” link right in the home service ad box that appears at the top of the search results.
Clicking on the send request doesn’t automatically send the request, but goes to the regular home service ads landing page:
If you are logged into your Google account, it will automatically link your account, so you do not need to enter your full name or email address.
Searchers can still phone businesses directly without having to engage in the ads at all, since phone numbers are still listed. And it does seem that many of these businesses are using call tracking with custom phone numbers.
Here is how they appeared late last year:
Perhaps Google wasn’t finding that engagement was as high on these ad units as expected, and made the addition of “send request” to increase engagement.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018