Google has once again made changes to their Home Service Ads that appear for some services and trades in the Google search results. Most noticeably, they have now added a new “Send Request” link right in the home service ad box that appears at the top of the search results.
Clicking on the send request doesn’t automatically send the request, but goes to the regular home service ads landing page:
If you are logged into your Google account, it will automatically link your account, so you do not need to enter your full name or email address.
Searchers can still phone businesses directly without having to engage in the ads at all, since phone numbers are still listed. And it does seem that many of these businesses are using call tracking with custom phone numbers.
Here is how they appeared late last year:
Perhaps Google wasn’t finding that engagement was as high on these ad units as expected, and made the addition of “send request” to increase engagement.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Switching to AMP Won’t Negate Other SEO & Google Algo Issues on a Site - April 26, 2018
- Google: Major Redesigns & Issues With Search Traffic Loss - April 25, 2018
- Google: Dividing One Page Into Multiple Pages Often Dilutes Value for SEO - April 24, 2018
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018