If you are a care dealership or work in the vehicle industry, this new change Google has made to the mobile local pack ads is pretty interesting. It highlights the type of vehicle dealership it is at the top of the local pack ad units.
I have spotted Google doing more testing of the local 4-pack ads this month, but this header is different from the “Nearby businesses” that Google places in the usual local ads.
Here is an example where Google replaces the “Nearby businesses” and shows “Honda dealers nearby” above the ads instead.
Here is one for Ford:
And one for Dodge:
Here is another example which was noticeable because the same two dealers appear in both the local ad-pack and the local 3-pack as well.
An interesting change from Google, and one to watch if it expands to other types of businesses too, such as “Dentists nearby” or “Shoe stores nearby”
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018