Google has added a new feature to the local Google My Business knowledge panels in the Google search results. Searchers are now presented with a “Send to your phone” option, that is displayed within the local knowledge panel that displays in the right sidebar of the search results.
When you click the “Send” button in the “Send to your phone” option, a popup will be displayed with the option to send it to your mobile device.
This feature works for users with either Android or iOS, and the iOS version works with both iPhones and iPads. You do need to enable notifications in Google Maps to receive the alerts on your mobile device.
They do not show up at all to users that are not logged in.
These aren’t placed very prominently in the local GMB knowledge panels however. They are placed almost at the very bottom, only above the “people also search for” links. Store information, photos, popular times and reviews all appear above it.
They have also added it to the knowledge panel that pops up in the maps results too, when you click through from a 3-pack listing or a knowledge panel within the search results.
Google has also added a support page here, including how to add devices in order to send the location to your phone.
This isn’t the first time Google has experimented with reminders for local businesses. Last year, Google added a “remind me when I am near” option to Google AdWords ads in the search results, that would remind searchers when they were near a specific business.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- No More Numbered Updates for Google Penguin - January 24, 2017
- Google Will Be Transparent About Substantial Penguin Changes - January 24, 2017
- Country & Language Selector Popups Impacted by Google’s Mobile Interstitial Change - January 23, 2017
- Google Testing Price Trends for Local Hotel Listings - January 20, 2017
- Bing Testing “Send Directions to Phone” Test in Local Knowledge Panel - January 20, 2017