We have seen another variations on the 3-pack local ratings pack in the search results. These rating packs feature a “ratings” drop down, where users can select a specific star rating or higher as well as other options including price, hours and Zagat rated. We have seen yet another variation, and this one is a new “Cuisine” option.
While we see specific local packs for searching for “Thai restaurant” or “Italian restaurant”, this one appears for a generic restaurant search and allows the searcher to use the “Cuisine” drop down to select a type of cuisine.
As you can see, there are quite a few cuisine styles to choose from, including: American, Barbecue, Chinese, French, Hamburger, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Pizza, Seafood, Steak, Sushi, and Thai.
Google does also display the options even if there are not any related restaurants available.
Google has made many changes to the local search results in the past few days, with the removal of all 7-pack results in favor of all 3-packs, along with important information being removed, such as phone numbers and full addresses. We have also seen brand packs that include different information, and ratings packs similar to these ones.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019