If you have been frustrated by some of the unusual croppings of images being displayed in local business knowledge panels in Google, you will be happy to know that Google has made some changes to prevent this.
This is quite common to see oddly cropped images, but it is definitely more noticeable when it is the photo of a person, since it often tends to focus on either the nose and eyes, or the nose and mouth. Not necessarily the best way people want to appear when someone searches for their business.
The photos from a GMB 360 tour, with photographers verified by G, look normal and uncropped.
Here is how the above example looks now:
Nice to see this changes as it definitely makes the local results look much better and it probably solves some headaches for local SEOs trying to get better looking images to show when Google cropped them in unflattering ways.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018