In yesterday’s Robots.txt Webmaster Office Hours, John Mueller revealed that they are probably going to be contacting larger third parties that are blocking resources. This is really great news.
But since Google would see what it is that is commonly flagged for blocked third party resources, it will be great to see them being proactive from their end to see about getting these things unblocked, especially since being contacted by Google would carry considerable more weight than if random unknown webmasters asks.
While Mueller doesn’t say which sites they are considering contacting, hopefully it will be the ones that tend to come up over and over again, such as some common WordPress plugins and themes…. and Google AdSense.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017