In yesterday’s Robots.txt Webmaster Office Hours, John Mueller revealed that they are probably going to be contacting larger third parties that are blocking resources. This is really great news.
But since Google would see what it is that is commonly flagged for blocked third party resources, it will be great to see them being proactive from their end to see about getting these things unblocked, especially since being contacted by Google would carry considerable more weight than if random unknown webmasters asks.
While Mueller doesn’t say which sites they are considering contacting, hopefully it will be the ones that tend to come up over and over again, such as some common WordPress plugins and themes…. and Google AdSense.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Displays Lyrics in Search Results; Songwriters & Publishers Earn Revenue - June 28, 2016
- Google’s Keyword Planner Now Combines Keywords for Search Volume - June 28, 2016
- Google Restricts Keyword Planner Access to AdWords Advertisers With Active Campaigns - June 27, 2016
- Google Testing Larger URLs in Search Results - June 27, 2016
- Each Google Panda Rollout Cycle Takes Months - June 27, 2016