In yesterday’s Robots.txt Webmaster Office Hours, John Mueller revealed that they are probably going to be contacting larger third parties that are blocking resources. This is really great news.
But since Google would see what it is that is commonly flagged for blocked third party resources, it will be great to see them being proactive from their end to see about getting these things unblocked, especially since being contacted by Google would carry considerable more weight than if random unknown webmasters asks.
While Mueller doesn’t say which sites they are considering contacting, hopefully it will be the ones that tend to come up over and over again, such as some common WordPress plugins and themes…. and Google AdSense.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018