In yesterday’s Robots.txt Webmaster Office Hours, John Mueller revealed that they are probably going to be contacting larger third parties that are blocking resources. This is really great news.
But since Google would see what it is that is commonly flagged for blocked third party resources, it will be great to see them being proactive from their end to see about getting these things unblocked, especially since being contacted by Google would carry considerable more weight than if random unknown webmasters asks.
While Mueller doesn’t say which sites they are considering contacting, hopefully it will be the ones that tend to come up over and over again, such as some common WordPress plugins and themes…. and Google AdSense.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- AMP Now Supports A/B Testing - August 25, 2016
- Google to Devalue Sites with Pop-Ups & Interstitials in Mobile Search Results - August 23, 2016
- Google Dropping Mobile Friendly Tag; 85% Mobile Search Results are Mobile Friendly - August 23, 2016
- Abusive Bots & Services Behind the AdWords Keyword Planner Data Restrictions - August 19, 2016
- Google AdWords Express Adds Detailed Call Tracking, Ad Scheduling & Map Actions - August 18, 2016