In yesterday’s Robots.txt Webmaster Office Hours, John Mueller revealed that they are probably going to be contacting larger third parties that are blocking resources. This is really great news.
But since Google would see what it is that is commonly flagged for blocked third party resources, it will be great to see them being proactive from their end to see about getting these things unblocked, especially since being contacted by Google would carry considerable more weight than if random unknown webmasters asks.
While Mueller doesn’t say which sites they are considering contacting, hopefully it will be the ones that tend to come up over and over again, such as some common WordPress plugins and themes…. and Google AdSense.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Rankings Should Remain Stable With HTTPS Migrations - September 21, 2017
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017
- Google: Ranking Fluctuations With a Site Redesign - September 19, 2017
- Still No Plans for a Google Penguin 5.0 Update - September 18, 2017