The biggest change to the new editor is the addition of Shopping Campaign support, which can now be managed and updated within the editor. Unfortunately, advertisers will still need to use the traditional AdWords interface to create the campaigns and ad groups, but having this management within the Editor is a huge plus for advertisers wanting to do quick edits.
Shopping campaign management is now available in AdWords Editor. You can view and update Shopping campaign settings, but campaigns and ad groups can only be created in the AdWords frontend. If you copy or import a Shopping campaign to AdWords Editor, it will be duplicated as a Search Only campaign, without product groups.
For advertisers with shopping campaigns, there are some changes with how it can be managed within the AdWords Editor, compared to regular advertising campaigns to be aware of.
Within a selected Shopping campaign, product groups (also known as product partitions or shopping criteria) are available under Targeting. You can, among other basic tasks:
- Download from or upload product groups to the AdWords frontend.
- Bulk edit product group bids and destination URLs.
- Switch a product group between Biddable and Excluded.
- Import changes to existing product groups with XML/CSV or export to XML/CSV/HTML.
AdWords Editor doesn’t allow you to create, delete, or pause product groups.
The “Hide deleted ads” option has now been removed, and the AdWords Editor will no longer download deleted ads.
Advertisers advertising on the Display Network can now use Aggressive and Conservative targeting options.
Lastly, “In-market buyers (ROI)” interests category is now available when assigning audiences in AdWords Editor.
All the changes are now live in AdWords Editor when it is updated to 10.5.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018