After the euphoria local SEOs had last week as Google My Business rolled out the return of addresses and phone numbers in the 3-pack local results in Google’s search results, it would seem that businesses will be disappointed once again. Only days after rolling out worldwide the return of phone numbers and phone addresses in the local 3-pack, Google has now rolled back that change.
As of Sunday, it appears that no one is seeing either phone numbers or full addresses once again.
Here is how it local results looked late last week:
It seems quite odd that Google would roll back this change so quickly after adding back the phone numbers and full addresses. Was it a case where the old style was accidentally re-released and they simply were correcting an error? It wouldn’t be their usual practice to test something worldwide for such a short time. Normally, Google tests to a small percentage of searchers and base their feedback on that.
But since Google did revert back this change, it seems more unlikely that we will see them come back once more, which is bad news for both local businesses and SEOs.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019