Good news for those who are loving the new comparison feature Google added for Queries in Search Analytics yesterday. Google Search Console has added more comparison features to Search Analytics, this time to Pages, Countries and Search Types. Site owners in can now compare two pages, countries devices or search types to see how well they perform between the two.
This particular comparison is excellent if you have two pages dealing with extremely similar content, because you could see if one is performing much better than the other for specifically which keywords and gauge overlap and perhaps change the content on each to better match the keywords it is ranking for.
Country comparison would be handy for comparing the types of content for the top two countries, to easily see if they are similar or if there are discrepancies.
Here is where the reporting appears:
One unfortunate thing is that there isn’t a reset option for all the options to be set back to default. As you drill down with comparisons, you still need to select each option to reset when you want to start over.
Yesterday, Google added query comparisons, so it isn’t surprising that Google is expanding the comparisons as well.
Update: Device comparison was there previously, but the remaining ones are new.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018