We have all gotten those reminder emails from Facebook and Twitter, trying to tempt us to return to either social media platform and see what we’ve missed. It seems that now Google+ is testing that approach out too with emails to users.
It also highlights the post Google+ thinks he might enjoy, along with share activity for the post on Google+.
It also makes the point that Google+ must not be nearly dead, otherwise they wouldn’t be utilizing these types of email campaigns in order to encourage users to check back into Google+ to see what they have missed.
But definitely an interesting test they are running nonetheless. And I am not sure how many people are receiving similar emails from Google+ or if there is a threshold about how recently (or not) a person has visited.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020