Google is separating out the first result for some search queries when someone is searching for well known entities, such as people, brands or companies. Here is an example.
They all seem to appear when there are news listings above the “official” site.
These aren’t restricted to just the official sites for the brand or person. Glenn Gabe, who spotted the change, found this example from the Player’s Tribune.
— Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) July 6, 2016
Google has used similar line breaks before, when they used to separate out the in-depth articles in the search results, and they also use it to show different search features, such as news, images or video results within the regular search results.
It will be interesting to see if Google adopts this or not.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018