These are not in-depth article results, which no longer have the header above them, but which are still stylized between line breaks and run in sets of 3 results, usually near the bottom of the search results. In-depth article results feature 3 lines of description and includes a source in the URL line, where as these new longer descriptions are 4 lines and display breadcrumbs and not URLs.
Here is another example, this time it is eBay that is getting the four lines of description, interestingly enough it is two different search results but with identical descriptions.
When looking at the eBay example, it was taken from one of the eBay listings, and one near the bottom of the page. There was nothing special about the structured markup on the page that wasn’t included in the many eBay listings above the one Google selected.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020