These are not in-depth article results, which no longer have the header above them, but which are still stylized between line breaks and run in sets of 3 results, usually near the bottom of the search results. In-depth article results feature 3 lines of description and includes a source in the URL line, where as these new longer descriptions are 4 lines and display breadcrumbs and not URLs.
Here is another example, this time it is eBay that is getting the four lines of description, interestingly enough it is two different search results but with identical descriptions.
When looking at the eBay example, it was taken from one of the eBay listings, and one near the bottom of the page. There was nothing special about the structured markup on the page that wasn’t included in the many eBay listings above the one Google selected.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018