These are not in-depth article results, which no longer have the header above them, but which are still stylized between line breaks and run in sets of 3 results, usually near the bottom of the search results. In-depth article results feature 3 lines of description and includes a source in the URL line, where as these new longer descriptions are 4 lines and display breadcrumbs and not URLs.
Here is another example, this time it is eBay that is getting the four lines of description, interestingly enough it is two different search results but with identical descriptions.
When looking at the eBay example, it was taken from one of the eBay listings, and one near the bottom of the page. There was nothing special about the structured markup on the page that wasn’t included in the many eBay listings above the one Google selected.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017
- Google: How to Handle Expired Content on a Site - November 3, 2017