Many are used to seeing click to call feature in the mobile results for Google AdWords results. You also sometimes see it for specific brand queries or on generic queries when you start going pages deep in the results. But now Google is testing click to call for businesses on the first page of the search results for coveted generic queries.
Here is an example:
Even though it isn’t in a local listing result specifically, Google does have the phone number information from the Google My Business information for that business, reinforced with the phone number (in plain text) on the page. But the phone number data is ultimately pulled from the Organization markup including the phone number that is included on the site’s homepage.
If you are a business, it shows it is important to include any appropriate schema markup to your pages, including the Organization markup.
Thank you to Sergey Alakov for the screenshots of the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019