Google is running a limited test with extra white space in the search results, adding significantly more space between each individual search result than we normally see.
Here is how it looks in the search results, one with the extra white space and the other showing how Google normally displays the results.
Justin Aldridge from Artemis Marketing was the first to spot this test, and sent us the screenshots. He mentioned that between the two, he prefers the look of the one on the left with the added white space.
The results with the white space definitely looks less cluttered compared to the usual version we see on the right. But for those who rank in the organic search results, it definitely pushes those organic results down lower, especially since this particular query shows 4 ads, one with the full compliment of sitelinks.
I couldn’t replicate this version, so it is likely one of Google’s very limited tests.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016
- Recovering From Accidental Site Removal via Google Search Console Remove URL Tool - September 21, 2016
- Google Testing Local 3-Pack Near Bottom of Search Results Page - September 21, 2016
- AMP Results Now Live in Google’s Organic Search Results - September 21, 2016