Google is running a limited test with extra white space in the search results, adding significantly more space between each individual search result than we normally see.
Here is how it looks in the search results, one with the extra white space and the other showing how Google normally displays the results.
Justin Aldridge from Artemis Marketing was the first to spot this test, and sent us the screenshots. He mentioned that between the two, he prefers the look of the one on the left with the added white space.
The results with the white space definitely looks less cluttered compared to the usual version we see on the right. But for those who rank in the organic search results, it definitely pushes those organic results down lower, especially since this particular query shows 4 ads, one with the full compliment of sitelinks.
I couldn’t replicate this version, so it is likely one of Google’s very limited tests.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds New Hotel Carousel Features to Search Results - June 25, 2018
- Google Adds Location & Location Icon to Search Results - June 21, 2018
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018