Google is running a limited test with extra white space in the search results, adding significantly more space between each individual search result than we normally see.
Here is how it looks in the search results, one with the extra white space and the other showing how Google normally displays the results.
Justin Aldridge from Artemis Marketing was the first to spot this test, and sent us the screenshots. He mentioned that between the two, he prefers the look of the one on the left with the added white space.
The results with the white space definitely looks less cluttered compared to the usual version we see on the right. But for those who rank in the organic search results, it definitely pushes those organic results down lower, especially since this particular query shows 4 ads, one with the full compliment of sitelinks.
I couldn’t replicate this version, so it is likely one of Google’s very limited tests.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Switches All AdWords Ad Tags to Outline Style in Search Results - February 23, 2017
- Google Showing AMP Carousels for Local Review Sites - February 22, 2017
- Google AMP Recipe Carousels Live in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Bing Ads Begins Showing Product Ads Carousels in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Google Showing Animated GIFs in Search Results via Google Posts - February 17, 2017