Google is running a limited test with extra white space in the search results, adding significantly more space between each individual search result than we normally see.
Here is how it looks in the search results, one with the extra white space and the other showing how Google normally displays the results.
Justin Aldridge from Artemis Marketing was the first to spot this test, and sent us the screenshots. He mentioned that between the two, he prefers the look of the one on the left with the added white space.
The results with the white space definitely looks less cluttered compared to the usual version we see on the right. But for those who rank in the organic search results, it definitely pushes those organic results down lower, especially since this particular query shows 4 ads, one with the full compliment of sitelinks.
I couldn’t replicate this version, so it is likely one of Google’s very limited tests.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local 4-Packs Showing 1 Ad & 3 Organic Local Listings - January 18, 2017
- Google AdWords Testing Local Inventory Ads in Local Pack - January 18, 2017
- How Google Ranks “Top Stories” News in Search Results - January 17, 2017
- Mobile First Index: Google to Notify Sites of Possible Issues via Search Console - January 13, 2017
- SEO Weather Reporting Tools & Google Ranking Experiments - January 13, 2017