Notice anything different in your search results today? Google is running another AdWords test, this time with a bright green “Ad” tag at the start of every AdWords ad, replacing the usual yellow Ads tag we are all familiar with.
Google has been doing a lot of testing in AdWords in the search results this year, including a variety of colored stars. So it wouldn’t be surprising to see Google testing more than just the green “Ad” tag as well.
The green tag, which matches the shade of green that Google uses in their URL field of AdWords ads does make the “Ad” notation not stand out nearly as much as the yellow version Google usually uses.
This does seem to be a limited test in Google, as I am unable to replicate it.
— Alex Velinov (@alexvelinov123) April 14, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019