Notice anything different in your search results today? Google is running another AdWords test, this time with a bright green “Ad” tag at the start of every AdWords ad, replacing the usual yellow Ads tag we are all familiar with.
Google has been doing a lot of testing in AdWords in the search results this year, including a variety of colored stars. So it wouldn’t be surprising to see Google testing more than just the green “Ad” tag as well.
The green tag, which matches the shade of green that Google uses in their URL field of AdWords ads does make the “Ad” notation not stand out nearly as much as the yellow version Google usually uses.
This does seem to be a limited test in Google, as I am unable to replicate it.
— Alex Velinov (@alexvelinov123) April 14, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Location & Location Icon to Search Results - June 21, 2018
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018