Notice anything different in your search results today? Google is running another AdWords test, this time with a bright green “Ad” tag at the start of every AdWords ad, replacing the usual yellow Ads tag we are all familiar with.
Google has been doing a lot of testing in AdWords in the search results this year, including a variety of colored stars. So it wouldn’t be surprising to see Google testing more than just the green “Ad” tag as well.
The green tag, which matches the shade of green that Google uses in their URL field of AdWords ads does make the “Ad” notation not stand out nearly as much as the yellow version Google usually uses.
This does seem to be a limited test in Google, as I am unable to replicate it.
— Alex Velinov (@alexvelinov123) April 14, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018