Google is testing a brand new color of stars in their search results – this time teal. They are using this color to replace the usual orange colored stars on the entire page, including for AdWords, local knowledge panels, local 3-packs and all reviews and ratings.
These are a true teal / turquoise color. We have seen green ones previously that matched the URL green color, but these are definitely more blue than the usual Google URL green. And it is a different shade than the green stars Google was testing last year, for those of you that watch that closely. It also marks a departure from the star colors they normally test that match the Google logo.
Here is an example in the ratings.
This is a limited test, as I wasn’t able to see them in all browser sessions. But you may see Google testing a variety of colors if you do some searches with stars in them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Strikethrough Text on Google AdWords Ads - October 25, 2016
- Google Testing Icons on Mobile Sitelinks - October 24, 2016
- Google Showing Featured Snippets for Site: Searches - October 24, 2016
- JSON-LD Google’s Preferred Structured Data Markup - October 21, 2016
- How Google Handles Site Moves When Old Domain Cannot Be Redirected - October 20, 2016