Google is testing a brand new color of stars in their search results – this time teal. They are using this color to replace the usual orange colored stars on the entire page, including for AdWords, local knowledge panels, local 3-packs and all reviews and ratings.
These are a true teal / turquoise color. We have seen green ones previously that matched the URL green color, but these are definitely more blue than the usual Google URL green. And it is a different shade than the green stars Google was testing last year, for those of you that watch that closely. It also marks a departure from the star colors they normally test that match the Google logo.
Here is an example in the ratings.
This is a limited test, as I wasn’t able to see them in all browser sessions. But you may see Google testing a variety of colors if you do some searches with stars in them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016
- Recovering From Accidental Site Removal via Google Search Console Remove URL Tool - September 21, 2016
- Google Testing Local 3-Pack Near Bottom of Search Results Page - September 21, 2016
- AMP Results Now Live in Google’s Organic Search Results - September 21, 2016