Google is testing a brand new color of stars in their search results – this time teal. They are using this color to replace the usual orange colored stars on the entire page, including for AdWords, local knowledge panels, local 3-packs and all reviews and ratings.
These are a true teal / turquoise color. We have seen green ones previously that matched the URL green color, but these are definitely more blue than the usual Google URL green. And it is a different shade than the green stars Google was testing last year, for those of you that watch that closely. It also marks a departure from the star colors they normally test that match the Google logo.
Here is an example in the ratings.
This is a limited test, as I wasn’t able to see them in all browser sessions. But you may see Google testing a variety of colors if you do some searches with stars in them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Pilot for Real Time Indexing of Breaking News Now Available - August 31, 2016
- Bing Testing Site Name Only With No URL in Search Results - August 30, 2016
- Google’s New Mobile Interstitial & Popup Change Applies at Page Level - August 29, 2016
- Google Asking for Local Business Descriptions from Searchers - August 29, 2016
- Google Changes Local 3-Pack Icons for All Desktop Users - August 29, 2016