Google is testing a brand new color of stars in their search results – this time teal. They are using this color to replace the usual orange colored stars on the entire page, including for AdWords, local knowledge panels, local 3-packs and all reviews and ratings.
These are a true teal / turquoise color. We have seen green ones previously that matched the URL green color, but these are definitely more blue than the usual Google URL green. And it is a different shade than the green stars Google was testing last year, for those of you that watch that closely. It also marks a departure from the star colors they normally test that match the Google logo.
Here is an example in the ratings.
This is a limited test, as I wasn’t able to see them in all browser sessions. But you may see Google testing a variety of colors if you do some searches with stars in them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing PLA Carousel Divided by Brands & Retailers - December 8, 2016
- Google Showing Ratings in AdWords Location Extension Ads - December 8, 2016
- Publish Recipes? Google Just Changed the Image Size Requirements in Schema - December 7, 2016
- Google To Remove AMP Bars When Scrolling & Easier Canonical Sharing - December 7, 2016
- Google Switches to New UI Style & Font Worldwide - December 7, 2016