Google is testing new colored lines separating mobile search results on mobile.
Here is how it looks on Chrome with colored lines, and how it looks without.
The results seem to be exclusive to those using Chrome for mobile devices. The colors are all in the Google logo colors. After the Google knowledge graph and in the news results which use colors as well, each regular organic result has a colored line underneath starting with the blue G color and then working its way through the Google logo in order.
Google AdWords ads and Google Shopping Ads also receive the colored line treatment, and it really does make them stand out.
This new line style does make each individual search result stand out dramatically. However, it also results in fewer search results being shown on the screen which could have a negative impact on those lower down on the first page of search results, and it might not end up being the best user experience, particularly if the top results aren’t that good.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020