The box appears after the top one or two organic search results. Google then displays a box underneath showing “People also ask” with a set of additional search queries in the form of a question, that people also ask for the search query.
When you click on one of the results in the “people also ask” box, this displays:
I think this could be a pretty useful feature if the “people also ask” is tightened up a bit to be more useful. They are not picking up the data from Google’s autocomplete feature, as those results were much more on target with the two search queries.
It seems to be a very small group of people Google is running with this test. However, if Google discovers people are actually using them, we might see them pop up more in the future.
Added: This is now showing up for some very competitive and commercial terms ie. “payday loans.”
H/T to Dan Barker who spotted the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017
- Site Moves Do Not Fix Google Panda Content Issues - June 23, 2017
- Google Maps Soliciting Location Information in Organic Search Results - June 22, 2017
- Google’s Fred Update is Not an Updated Panda Algo - June 20, 2017
- Google to Continue Showing Featured Snippets with Images from Second Source - June 19, 2017