The box appears after the top one or two organic search results. Google then displays a box underneath showing “People also ask” with a set of additional search queries in the form of a question, that people also ask for the search query.
When you click on one of the results in the “people also ask” box, this displays:
I think this could be a pretty useful feature if the “people also ask” is tightened up a bit to be more useful. They are not picking up the data from Google’s autocomplete feature, as those results were much more on target with the two search queries.
It seems to be a very small group of people Google is running with this test. However, if Google discovers people are actually using them, we might see them pop up more in the future.
Added: This is now showing up for some very competitive and commercial terms ie. “payday loans.”
H/T to Dan Barker who spotted the test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017
- Google Adds Audience Reviews to Movie & TV Show Knowledge Panels - October 6, 2017
- Use Sitemaps for Sites With Many Hreflang Annotations - October 5, 2017
- Google Testing “Instant” Tag for AMP in Search Results - October 4, 2017