Dan Barker posted this screenshot to Twitter.
It doesn’t show if this test is restricted to just Google AdWords ratings or all AdWords and organic results, however during testing in the past, Google has changed tested the same color for both AdWords and organic. Google has periodically used and tested various colors of stars, including different shades of yellow/orange as well as green.
Bing has also done extensive testing of star colors in their own search results too.
It is very likely this is just a small percentage based test to see how different colored stars are performing right now. I was not able to reproduce them.
Added: They are appearing in the organic search results too.
— + AM (@Adoubleagent) September 28, 2015
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020