Google recently launched Product Listing Ads in Google’s image search results. These PLAs, launched January 19th, show sponsored products in a row for both desktop and mobile when a particular search query would have PLAs to display. We are now seeing a new change to the mobile image PLAs with a new refined feature.
Ryan Kartze shared this screenshot on Twitter showing how he was seeing a new refined search option for Google’s Product Listing Ads.
The screenshot shows that Google is now refining the Product Listing Ads based on the additional keywords used. The PLAs are also displayed in a carousel format for mobile, which isn’t surprising.
I am not sure if this is a test or a permanent change, but Google was previously not showing different ads based on refining the image search query.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019