Google recently launched Product Listing Ads in Google’s image search results. These PLAs, launched January 19th, show sponsored products in a row for both desktop and mobile when a particular search query would have PLAs to display. We are now seeing a new change to the mobile image PLAs with a new refined feature.
Ryan Kartze shared this screenshot on Twitter showing how he was seeing a new refined search option for Google’s Product Listing Ads.
The screenshot shows that Google is now refining the Product Listing Ads based on the additional keywords used. The PLAs are also displayed in a carousel format for mobile, which isn’t surprising.
I am not sure if this is a test or a permanent change, but Google was previously not showing different ads based on refining the image search query.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017
- Google Adds Audience Reviews to Movie & TV Show Knowledge Panels - October 6, 2017
- Use Sitemaps for Sites With Many Hreflang Annotations - October 5, 2017
- Google Testing “Instant” Tag for AMP in Search Results - October 4, 2017