We reported earlier this week that Google is now using JSON-LD for ratings and reviews in the search results. Google has officially confirmed JSON-LD for not just ratings and reviews, but also for products.
Google has now updated their support page for ratings and reviews to reflect that JSON-LD is now available, which had not yet been updated when we reported on it earlier this week. And now the products structured data page has also been updated with JSON-LD.
The pages also no longer make any reference to JSON-LD not being supported but they don’t specify which schema markup version is the preferred version. Google still gives schema markup for not only JSON-LD but also Microdata and RDFA. So it is a preference for which type of markup you would prefer, but JSON-LD is quickly becoming very popular about developers and webmasters.
Google has slowly been rolling out support for JSON-LD for use in structured data, but the addition of products and reviews is the largest JSON-LD update so far.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020