While Joomla was rumored to be one of the CMS platforms that would be AMP ready, it seems that this still has not happoened. On the positive side, there now is a plugin option for sites that wish to implement AMP on Joomla without having to code it personally.
Weeblr has created a plugin for Joomla to create AMP pages, and not surprisingly, it comes in two varieties. The first option is a free but bare bones version of wbAMP, which creates AMP pages for your Joomla pages.
There is a paid version, which includes things such as Analytics and ad network support. There are no details listed on the cost but they did say it would be an annual subscription.
That said, for Joomla sites wanting to dip their toes into the world of AMP to see if it is worth it, the free version should be fine to test with – aside from the fact you can’t personally test or track visitors due to the lack of analytics support.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017