While Joomla was rumored to be one of the CMS platforms that would be AMP ready, it seems that this still has not happoened. On the positive side, there now is a plugin option for sites that wish to implement AMP on Joomla without having to code it personally.
Weeblr has created a plugin for Joomla to create AMP pages, and not surprisingly, it comes in two varieties. The first option is a free but bare bones version of wbAMP, which creates AMP pages for your Joomla pages.
There is a paid version, which includes things such as Analytics and ad network support. There are no details listed on the cost but they did say it would be an annual subscription.
That said, for Joomla sites wanting to dip their toes into the world of AMP to see if it is worth it, the free version should be fine to test with – aside from the fact you can’t personally test or track visitors due to the lack of analytics support.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Rich Results Report to Search Analytics in Search Console - June 24, 2016
- Google Launches New Local Ads-Pack for Local Businesses, Above 3-Pack - June 23, 2016
- Google Analytics Expands Hacked Site Alerts for Webmasters - June 22, 2016
- New AMP Validator for Web & Chrome Extension - June 22, 2016
- Don’t Make All Content Q&A For Google’s Featured Snippets - June 21, 2016