While Joomla was rumored to be one of the CMS platforms that would be AMP ready, it seems that this still has not happoened. On the positive side, there now is a plugin option for sites that wish to implement AMP on Joomla without having to code it personally.
Weeblr has created a plugin for Joomla to create AMP pages, and not surprisingly, it comes in two varieties. The first option is a free but bare bones version of wbAMP, which creates AMP pages for your Joomla pages.
There is a paid version, which includes things such as Analytics and ad network support. There are no details listed on the cost but they did say it would be an annual subscription.
That said, for Joomla sites wanting to dip their toes into the world of AMP to see if it is worth it, the free version should be fine to test with – aside from the fact you can’t personally test or track visitors due to the lack of analytics support.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Optimizing Images for Google SEO - February 27, 2017
- Google Switches All AdWords Ad Tags to Outline Style in Search Results - February 23, 2017
- Google Showing AMP Carousels for Local Review Sites - February 22, 2017
- Google AMP Recipe Carousels Live in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Bing Ads Begins Showing Product Ads Carousels in Search Results - February 21, 2017