Twitter has launched a new advertising product called Twitter Offers. This is an expanded version of their venture that allowed some advertisers to sell products directly from within a tweet.
Twitter offers works like a Twitter card, in that it will display an offer to their followers. Then, the purchaser can purchase the offered directly with a credit card, and that it is redeemed at the business with the same credit card.
What is interesting about these offers is that they are cashback offers, where if you spend a certain amount of money, you get a certain amount back, which is automatically credited to the credit card when the purchaser redeems the offer of the business.
All the information of the purchase is encrypted, but is also added to the Twitter account to make it an easier and seamless process when the user decides to get another offer through twitter.
It is clear that Twitter is looking to expand their revenue potential with this new feature, but it will be interesting to watch if this does indeed take off and become successful in this kind of medium.
Twitter is currently testing this new feature with a select number of US retailers, and Twitter Offers will be tested through the holiday season. If you are interested in using Twitter offers for your own business, you can contact your Twitter account rep for more information.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018