If you have been looking for a way to target children with online advertising, YouTube’s new kid friendly app is the perfect opportunity to target kids with pre-roll advertising opportunities, similar to pre-roll ads that play on YouTube itself.
Targeting to children online has been difficult thing to do as many of the apps and websites offer an ad free environment for children. However YouTube plans to offer not only pre-roll advertising but including pre-roll ads that cannot be skipped.
The new app is scheduled to be launched today. YouTube is making sure that their content is stuff that parents would be 100% on board about. It was tested with children’s advocacy groups and has partnered with Jim Henson TV, DreamWorks TV and National Geographic kids – a mix of both fun and educational shows targeting kids. YouTube also plans to include original programing UTech by the people behind Reading Rainbow.
The advertising all has to be family-friendly in order for it to be run in the new kids app, and all of the ads need to be approved before they run. One interesting aspect to this however is that kids will not be of the click on the ad in order to click through to a website.
This advertising, even though kids can technically click through anywhere, it’s a phenomenal opportunity to target the latest Disney movie, Barbie doll or sugary kids cereal – all the types of products that kids pester their parents for justice when they see them on a traditional TV channel.
This app is only available for Android, but if it is successful, it would be available for iOS in the future.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018