Gary Illyes, Webmaster Trends Analyst from Google, keynoted State of Search on Monday talked about AMP and how Google will be pushing it aggressively in 2016. But he also mentioned something else, that Google is working with both WordPress and Joomla to support AMP as well.
WordPress has previously announced their efforts with AMP. But news of Joomla coming on board to support it is new.
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and makes webpages more easily accessible and viewable even on slower mobile connections.
The push for AMP for WordPress isn’t surprising when you consider just how much of the web is currently powered by WordPress. Joomla is a bit more of a surprise since it has a fairly small CMS market share, but still great to see more companies and CMS wanting to go on board with AMP.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 16, 2015
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- AMP Now Supports A/B Testing - August 25, 2016
- Google to Devalue Sites with Pop-Ups & Interstitials in Mobile Search Results - August 23, 2016
- Google Dropping Mobile Friendly Tag; 85% Mobile Search Results are Mobile Friendly - August 23, 2016
- Abusive Bots & Services Behind the AdWords Keyword Planner Data Restrictions - August 19, 2016
- Google AdWords Express Adds Detailed Call Tracking, Ad Scheduling & Map Actions - August 18, 2016