Gary Illyes, Webmaster Trends Analyst from Google, keynoted State of Search on Monday talked about AMP and how Google will be pushing it aggressively in 2016. But he also mentioned something else, that Google is working with both WordPress and Joomla to support AMP as well.
WordPress has previously announced their efforts with AMP. But news of Joomla coming on board to support it is new.
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and makes webpages more easily accessible and viewable even on slower mobile connections.
The push for AMP for WordPress isn’t surprising when you consider just how much of the web is currently powered by WordPress. Joomla is a bit more of a surprise since it has a fairly small CMS market share, but still great to see more companies and CMS wanting to go on board with AMP.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 16, 2015
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Optimizing Images for Google SEO - February 27, 2017
- Google Switches All AdWords Ad Tags to Outline Style in Search Results - February 23, 2017
- Google Showing AMP Carousels for Local Review Sites - February 22, 2017
- Google AMP Recipe Carousels Live in Search Results - February 21, 2017
- Bing Ads Begins Showing Product Ads Carousels in Search Results - February 21, 2017