Gary Illyes, Webmaster Trends Analyst from Google, keynoted State of Search on Monday talked about AMP and how Google will be pushing it aggressively in 2016. But he also mentioned something else, that Google is working with both WordPress and Joomla to support AMP as well.
WordPress has previously announced their efforts with AMP. But news of Joomla coming on board to support it is new.
AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and makes webpages more easily accessible and viewable even on slower mobile connections.
The push for AMP for WordPress isn’t surprising when you consider just how much of the web is currently powered by WordPress. Joomla is a bit more of a surprise since it has a fairly small CMS market share, but still great to see more companies and CMS wanting to go on board with AMP.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 16, 2015
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017
- Google: How to Handle Expired Content on a Site - November 3, 2017