Yahoo is testing a pretty unique version of their Yahoo Shopping Ads in their search results. While the ad unit features the usual thumbnails and products, it also allows you to click through options to “shop by brand” and “shop by price.”
However, the filtering definitely doesn’t work well at all. For example, when I clicked the “One Shoulder” in the “Shop by Dress Style” only a single one of the results they presented was actually a one shoulder style dress:
These options are not very obvious either, so I suspect there aren’t very many who would use them. Presented a different way, such as at the top or with check boxes, it could turn into a feature that is used.
But it is always nice to see Yahoo testing out new things in their ads, especially as product listing ads become more and more popular.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Mobile First Index: Page Speed Included as a Ranking Factor - March 23, 2017
- Mobile First Index: Google Aiming for Quality Neutral Launch - March 23, 2017
- Google Sending “Safe Browsing Policy Updates” to Previously Hacked Sites - March 20, 2017
- Google Adds AMP Carousels to “People Also Search For” Drop Downs - March 20, 2017
- 404s Do Not Affect Site Quality for Google SEO - March 17, 2017