Yahoo is testing a pretty unique version of their Yahoo Shopping Ads in their search results. While the ad unit features the usual thumbnails and products, it also allows you to click through options to “shop by brand” and “shop by price.”
However, the filtering definitely doesn’t work well at all. For example, when I clicked the “One Shoulder” in the “Shop by Dress Style” only a single one of the results they presented was actually a one shoulder style dress:
These options are not very obvious either, so I suspect there aren’t very many who would use them. Presented a different way, such as at the top or with check boxes, it could turn into a feature that is used.
But it is always nice to see Yahoo testing out new things in their ads, especially as product listing ads become more and more popular.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Subdomains for Low Quality Google Panda Pages - June 27, 2017
- Google Considers Branded Anchor Text Unnatural in Widget Links - June 27, 2017
- Google Converting Non-Mobile Friendly Pages to Mobile Friendly for Searchers - June 27, 2017
- Google to Stop Scanning Gmail Messages to Target Personalized AdWords Ads - June 26, 2017
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017