Yahoo is testing a pretty unique version of their Yahoo Shopping Ads in their search results. While the ad unit features the usual thumbnails and products, it also allows you to click through options to “shop by brand” and “shop by price.”
However, the filtering definitely doesn’t work well at all. For example, when I clicked the “One Shoulder” in the “Shop by Dress Style” only a single one of the results they presented was actually a one shoulder style dress:
These options are not very obvious either, so I suspect there aren’t very many who would use them. Presented a different way, such as at the top or with check boxes, it could turn into a feature that is used.
But it is always nice to see Yahoo testing out new things in their ads, especially as product listing ads become more and more popular.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017