Yahoo is testing a pretty unique version of their Yahoo Shopping Ads in their search results. While the ad unit features the usual thumbnails and products, it also allows you to click through options to “shop by brand” and “shop by price.”
However, the filtering definitely doesn’t work well at all. For example, when I clicked the “One Shoulder” in the “Shop by Dress Style” only a single one of the results they presented was actually a one shoulder style dress:
These options are not very obvious either, so I suspect there aren’t very many who would use them. Presented a different way, such as at the top or with check boxes, it could turn into a feature that is used.
But it is always nice to see Yahoo testing out new things in their ads, especially as product listing ads become more and more popular.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing “Near City” in Local 3-Pack - September 27, 2016
- Use Google Disavow Like Before, No Changes With Real Time Penguin - September 26, 2016
- No Changes to Link Related Manual Actions with Penguin Real Time Launch - September 26, 2016
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016