Those who have been around the industry for a while will remember when colored backgrounds – first blue then yellow, along with some random test colors along the way – were always displayed behind ads in the search results, as a way to separate them from the organic un-paid search results.
It would seem Yahoo is going old school with these search result tests I spotted.
They are testing it out on Yahoo Canada, so you may be able to replicate it here. I tried a few other country versions of Yahoo, and none of them were displaying the blue background on the search results.
It is definitely fascinating that Yahoo is testing something that the search engines abandoned several years ago, and on an international version of Yahoo.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local 4-Packs Showing 1 Ad & 3 Organic Local Listings - January 18, 2017
- Google AdWords Testing Local Inventory Ads in Local Pack - January 18, 2017
- How Google Ranks “Top Stories” News in Search Results - January 17, 2017
- Mobile First Index: Google to Notify Sites of Possible Issues via Search Console - January 13, 2017
- SEO Weather Reporting Tools & Google Ranking Experiments - January 13, 2017