Those who have been around the industry for a while will remember when colored backgrounds – first blue then yellow, along with some random test colors along the way – were always displayed behind ads in the search results, as a way to separate them from the organic un-paid search results.
It would seem Yahoo is going old school with these search result tests I spotted.
They are testing it out on Yahoo Canada, so you may be able to replicate it here. I tried a few other country versions of Yahoo, and none of them were displaying the blue background on the search results.
It is definitely fascinating that Yahoo is testing something that the search engines abandoned several years ago, and on an international version of Yahoo.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017