Those who have been around the industry for a while will remember when colored backgrounds – first blue then yellow, along with some random test colors along the way – were always displayed behind ads in the search results, as a way to separate them from the organic un-paid search results.
It would seem Yahoo is going old school with these search result tests I spotted.
They are testing it out on Yahoo Canada, so you may be able to replicate it here. I tried a few other country versions of Yahoo, and none of them were displaying the blue background on the search results.
It is definitely fascinating that Yahoo is testing something that the search engines abandoned several years ago, and on an international version of Yahoo.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Dividing One Page Into Multiple Pages Often Dilutes Value for SEO - April 24, 2018
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018
- Google: Order of H Tags & Search Rankings in Google - April 13, 2018
- Google Adds “Mentioned on Wikipedia” Carousels in Search Results - April 11, 2018