Google has been testing their own oversized version of Product Listing Ads and it seems Yahoo is testing their own version too.
Yahoo’s version is actually running their own Yahoo Shopping Ads, so these are not the Google PLAs they have been testing in Yahoo Search Results. But instead of the maximum 2 lines of listings we see, they are testing with 3 rows instead.
Here is how the box appears.
And here is how it looks within the search results.
This seems to be a test Yahoo is currently running to see the effectiveness of 3 rows of PLAs instead of the standard 1-2 rows. But this particular example isn’t really a good example since the thumbnails are nearly identical. It doesn’t look nearly as interesting as a shopping result that had a wider variety of different looking products.
If Yahoo is looking at the results of 3-row PLAs, hopefully they ran it on more than this single search result. And Google’s own expandable PLAs look much nicer, although Google’s has a much greater impact on organic search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Ignores Canonicals When Likely Implemented in Error - July 27, 2017
- Bing Adds Deal Tag to Local Pack in Search Results - July 25, 2017
- Google Testing “See More Results” on Mobile, Reduces Results Per Page - July 25, 2017
- Google Adds Vacation Rentals to Hotel Search - July 24, 2017
- Google Adds Autoplay Video to Search Results Page - July 24, 2017