There is an interesting addition to the Google search results that is currently showing up for very specific YouTube searches.
ReelSEO spotted the test last week when doing a specific search with the title of a video. The search resulted in the YouTube result, but also the addition of sitelinks featuring other similar videos.
I couldn’t seem to get this to display for any other searches, but it was interesting that it was displaying results from not just the channel that originally uploaded the video searched for – in this case Late Show by David Letterman – but from all users with similar videos. It almost seemed that it was pulling from the related videos feature.
This does seem to have been a test, as doing another search for this today instead displays this, and not sitelinks.
This is actually a feature I really liked, so hopefully it will be making a reappearance and be used in more search results in the future.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
[…] YouTube Displays Sitelinks for Similar Videos, The SEM Post […]