ReelSEO spotted the test last week when doing a specific search with the title of a video. The search resulted in the YouTube result, but also the addition of sitelinks featuring other similar videos.
I couldn’t seem to get this to display for any other searches, but it was interesting that it was displaying results from not just the channel that originally uploaded the video searched for – in this case Late Show by David Letterman – but from all users with similar videos. It almost seemed that it was pulling from the related videos feature.
This does seem to have been a test, as doing another search for this today instead displays this, and not sitelinks.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018