Of course not all of those 3 billion videos are actually watched. Because Facebook auto plays their videos for most users, many videos can start playing even if a user is actually looking at post above or below the video in the news feed. Facebook did not reveal how many of the apps were auto-play versus click to play.
Videos have a huge mobile presence on Facebook. 65% of Facebook video views are actually occurring on mobile devices and not desktop.
For US users, 50% of those US users to visit the site daily watch at least one video per day.
Facebook is heavily pushing for users to upload their videos to Facebook directly, rather than simply linking to a video that is hosted off-site, particularly on YouTube. Many users have also noticed that their new stream are now very video heavy, which definitely adds to all those video views. And they . For example my news feed regularly shows 6-7 videos in the top 10 stories listed – all Facebook videos of course, not videos linked from elsewhere.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018