It didn’t seem to show up for very many searchers, so it seems to be a very small test. It also didn’t seem to show up when viewing Bing’s version of the local pack and clicking on a result. It was only appearing for the knowledge panels that displayed normally in the search results. I also couldn’t seem to get it to trigger the save place feature on mobile, only on desktop.
This isn’t the first time we have seen search engines with place reminders. I recently spotted a test in November where Google added a “Remind me when I’m nearby” as a Google Now feature.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New AMP Features Including Social Sharing, Sidebars & Collapsing Sections - May 25, 2016
- Why Google Removed the Right Sidebar AdWords Ads - May 24, 2016
- Google: Nearly One Third of Mobile Searches are Location Based Queries - May 24, 2016
- Google AdWords Multiple Ad Formats in Google Maps, Including Pins - May 24, 2016
- New Google AdWords Text Ad Sizes: 2 Headlines Plus Longer Description - May 24, 2016