It didn’t seem to show up for very many searchers, so it seems to be a very small test. It also didn’t seem to show up when viewing Bing’s version of the local pack and clicking on a result. It was only appearing for the knowledge panels that displayed normally in the search results. I also couldn’t seem to get it to trigger the save place feature on mobile, only on desktop.
This isn’t the first time we have seen search engines with place reminders. I recently spotted a test in November where Google added a “Remind me when I’m nearby” as a Google Now feature.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Restricts Keyword Planner Access to AdWords Advertisers With Active Campaigns - June 27, 2016
- Google Testing Larger URLs in Search Results - June 27, 2016
- Each Google Panda Rollout Cycle Takes Months - June 27, 2016
- Google Adds Rich Results Report to Search Analytics in Search Console - June 24, 2016
- Google Launches New Local Ads-Pack for Local Businesses, Above 3-Pack - June 23, 2016