Bing is testing an additional visual element to their “related searches” box, where Bing suggests additional searches if a searcher scrolls near the end of the search results page. Now there is a thumbnail next to each suggested search, along with the notation it is from bing.com
Here is what it looks like:
They have also swapped around how they bold the keywords in these related searches. Normally, Bing bolds the added keywords in the related search suggestions. But in the test with thumbnails, Bing has bolded the additional keywords they are suggesting, while the keywords currently searched for are no longer bolded.
When you click through to one of the related searches, it simply leads to a regular Bing search results page. So Bing has not changed how they handle these related searches.
They still also run the related searches in the sidebar for some queries. However, all the sidebar examples were regular keyword related search suggestions, Bing does not seem to be testing the thumbnail version in the sidebar.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing “Near City” in Local 3-Pack - September 27, 2016
- Use Google Disavow Like Before, No Changes With Real Time Penguin - September 26, 2016
- No Changes to Link Related Manual Actions with Penguin Real Time Launch - September 26, 2016
- Google Launches Real-Time Penguin 4.0: All The Changes & Details - September 23, 2016
- Google Testing Individual Hotel Booking Block at Top of Search Results - September 22, 2016