Bing is testing an additional visual element to their “related searches” box, where Bing suggests additional searches if a searcher scrolls near the end of the search results page. Now there is a thumbnail next to each suggested search, along with the notation it is from bing.com
Here is what it looks like:
They have also swapped around how they bold the keywords in these related searches. Normally, Bing bolds the added keywords in the related search suggestions. But in the test with thumbnails, Bing has bolded the additional keywords they are suggesting, while the keywords currently searched for are no longer bolded.
When you click through to one of the related searches, it simply leads to a regular Bing search results page. So Bing has not changed how they handle these related searches.
They still also run the related searches in the sidebar for some queries. However, all the sidebar examples were regular keyword related search suggestions, Bing does not seem to be testing the thumbnail version in the sidebar.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- AMP Now Supports A/B Testing - August 25, 2016
- Google to Devalue Sites with Pop-Ups & Interstitials in Mobile Search Results - August 23, 2016
- Google Dropping Mobile Friendly Tag; 85% Mobile Search Results are Mobile Friendly - August 23, 2016
- Abusive Bots & Services Behind the AdWords Keyword Planner Data Restrictions - August 19, 2016
- Google AdWords Express Adds Detailed Call Tracking, Ad Scheduling & Map Actions - August 18, 2016