Bing is testing an additional visual element to their “related searches” box, where Bing suggests additional searches if a searcher scrolls near the end of the search results page. Now there is a thumbnail next to each suggested search, along with the notation it is from bing.com
Here is what it looks like:
They have also swapped around how they bold the keywords in these related searches. Normally, Bing bolds the added keywords in the related search suggestions. But in the test with thumbnails, Bing has bolded the additional keywords they are suggesting, while the keywords currently searched for are no longer bolded.
When you click through to one of the related searches, it simply leads to a regular Bing search results page. So Bing has not changed how they handle these related searches.
They still also run the related searches in the sidebar for some queries. However, all the sidebar examples were regular keyword related search suggestions, Bing does not seem to be testing the thumbnail version in the sidebar.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Dictionary Search Box to the Google Search Results - July 21, 2017
- Changes to Impressions & Position Data in Google Search Console - July 20, 2017
- Google Testing Rounded Sitelinks Carousel Buttons on Mobile - July 19, 2017
- Google Asking Searchers to Submit Tags in Movie Knowledge Panel - July 19, 2017
- Google Adds Follow Button to Search Results in Google Search App - July 19, 2017