Google has expanded how they display their “People also search for” feature in the search results. Instead of a text version, Google is now displaying the feature with thumbnails.
Here is how it appears in the search results:
When you click through to “View 2+ more”, it takes you to a carousel style result in a new search result.
It is also appearing in the mobile search results too.
The addition of this feature in mobile makes a lot of sense, since it can be side scrolled through. It is clearly one of those features that was designed for mobile and included in desktop.
This feature is very similar to the “people also search for” carousel that has appeared at the bottom of many knowledge panel results. Here is how the knowledge panel version looks:
So this is very similar to what has been appearing in the knowledge panel, although the regular search results is able to hold more results. This new “People also search for” does not appear at the bottom of the search results when it is already appearing within the knowledge panel on the page or when a carousel is at the top of the search results.
The new ones that appear in the search results are expanded into the entire search results column, so they are much longer than the ones that appear in the knowledge panel.
These are not appearing in local search results, at least none that I could trigger, since they already show them on the left hand side in the knowledge panel.
Google has also been displaying a text version in the regular search results. That one would appear in various positions in the search results, while this new one seems to only show at the bottom.
Here are some additional examples:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018