The name makes a lot of sense, since they are snippets of text taken from the linked page and they are featured at the top of the search results. So while it might take some time for people to stop calling them answer boxes (just like how people still refer to the recently rebranded Google Webmaster Tools by its old name instead of Search Console) but now we know their official name… featured snippets.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018