The name makes a lot of sense, since they are snippets of text taken from the linked page and they are featured at the top of the search results. So while it might take some time for people to stop calling them answer boxes (just like how people still refer to the recently rebranded Google Webmaster Tools by its old name instead of Search Console) but now we know their official name… featured snippets.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019