Google is encouraging searchers to leave ratings and reviews for local businesses with a new call to action test in the mobile search results. It adds a new “Tell everyone about your experience” above the usual five empty stars.
Sergey Alakov spotted the test. Here is what it looks like:
The interesting part of “tell everyone about your experience” is that it could encourage someone who might have just left a low or high star rating to go into more detail about why the place was great or bad.
Google has been testing ways to encourage searchers to both leave reviews and read them, such as their test that placed a tab for reviews higher in the local knowledge panel and another “write a review” button.
This does appear to be a limited test at this time, as I am only able to see the empty stars version without the call to action.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018