Google is encouraging searchers to leave ratings and reviews for local businesses with a new call to action test in the mobile search results. It adds a new “Tell everyone about your experience” above the usual five empty stars.
Sergey Alakov spotted the test. Here is what it looks like:
The interesting part of “tell everyone about your experience” is that it could encourage someone who might have just left a low or high star rating to go into more detail about why the place was great or bad.
Google has been testing ways to encourage searchers to both leave reviews and read them, such as their test that placed a tab for reviews higher in the local knowledge panel and another “write a review” button.
This does appear to be a limited test at this time, as I am only able to see the empty stars version without the call to action.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Slows Crawling With 5xx Server Errors - July 13, 2018
- Google: H Tags as a Ranking Factor - July 13, 2018
- Using Redirects Can Impact Google AdWords Quality Score - July 12, 2018
- Bing Testing Feature to Open Search Results in New Tab - July 12, 2018
- Google: Don’t Rely on Google Tag Manager for Structured Data - July 12, 2018