Google is encouraging searchers to leave ratings and reviews for local businesses with a new call to action test in the mobile search results. It adds a new “Tell everyone about your experience” above the usual five empty stars.
Sergey Alakov spotted the test. Here is what it looks like:
The interesting part of “tell everyone about your experience” is that it could encourage someone who might have just left a low or high star rating to go into more detail about why the place was great or bad.
Google has been testing ways to encourage searchers to both leave reviews and read them, such as their test that placed a tab for reviews higher in the local knowledge panel and another “write a review” button.
This does appear to be a limited test at this time, as I am only able to see the empty stars version without the call to action.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017
- Google: Ranking Fluctuations With a Site Redesign - September 19, 2017
- Still No Plans for a Google Penguin 5.0 Update - September 18, 2017
- Google Penguin Fine Tuned After Real Time Launch - September 18, 2017