Google is planning to expand their Home Service Ads nationwide, following a launch in the Los Angeles area.
949Local reported on a conversation they had with an AdWords rep which confirmed the expansion into the Los Angeles and surrounding are as well as the expansion to nationwide by the end of 2017.
The expansion into LA not only covers Los Angeles city, but also Orange County and San Bernardino too. It will launch in those areas on January 31, 2017. The delay period is likely because it takes some time for the background checks to be conducted. Google is now reaching out to potential businesses about appearing in Home Services Ads in those areas.
Local Services Ads appear in the search results, but have quite a different appearance when compared to the local 3-pack and the regular AdWords ads. Here is what it looks like:
Right now, Google includes plumbers, home cleaners, locksmiths and handyman as the types of businesses it currently includes.
This isn’t a surprise. We have seen Google slowly expand the coverage of their Home Services Ads both in locations and the types of businesses being shown. They also recently began testing Home Services Ads in the mobile search results. And they are constantly innovating with how Home Services Ads are displayed in the Google search results, most recently by adding Google Guaranteed to the results.
For those who are not interested in appearing in Home Services Ads, because they are a paid advertising product, Google can display both Home Services Ads and the local 3-pack within the same search results. But they do push both the local 3-pack and the organic results further down on the page.
Home Services Ads are invite only, but you can submit your interest to Google in this form.
H/T Joy Hawkins
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018