SEO just got a lot more interesting for those in the EU as Google has brought featured snippets to 10 European countries and languages. This means that the featured snippet could be the visual #1 organic result on pages where the search query triggers a featured snippet in the search results.
The ten new countries/languages are:
- Czech Republic (Czech)
- Denmark (Danish)
- Germany (German)
- Finland (Finnish)
- France (French)
- Italy (Italian)
- Netherlands (Dutch)
- Norway (Norwegian)
- Poland (Polish)
- Sweden (Swedish)
Prior to this expansion, Google was displaying featured snippets to 10 locales, including the US, which was the initial country when Google first began testing them.
RankRanger was the first to notice the expansion of featured snippets into some of the locales in their tracking.
For those needing a crash course in featured snippets, Gary Illyes shared his tips for SEOs wanting featured snippets. John Mueller shared tips on finding featured snippets or you can use a new tool for featured snippets by SEMRush, which also makes it easy to find the featured snippets your competitor’s rank for.
SEOs are still hoping that some kind of reporting will show up in Google Search Console specifically for featured snippets, something Google had said they were working on.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017