At Google I/O today, Richard Gingras talked about the AMP experience and how it was playing a major role in the speed of mobile search results. And he also revealed some news about AMP and the Google Search Apps…. it is finally coming.
Over the next several weeks, we will be rolling out the AMP experience to the iOS and Android Search Apps.
Several months ago at SMX West, Deve Besbris confirmed Google was looking into it. But while we had seen support roll out to Chrome for iOS, the fact it was missing from the Google Search Apps was a curious omission.
Gringras announced it in conjunction with the addition of AMP recipe results being displayed for mobile users.
So if you love AMP and use the Google search app, you should see support added within the next several weeks for both Android and iOS users.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019