The two networks were penalized but it is unknown if those who bought or sold links have received notices in their Google Webmaster Tools accounts yet. It usually takes a few days after a link network is hit before webmasters get official notices of the penalties in their accounts.
If you were one of the sites penalized due to the link networks, you should start removing and/or disavowing links immediately.
Mozcast showed some volatility over the weekend in the search results and some of it could be the result of the link networks being hit.
Google hasn’t been commenting on link networks being penalized in Google as much lately, as Matt Cutts stated prior to going on leave that they were trying to be more positive in their communications. I have reached out to Google for comment.
Update: I reached out to Google and they responded that they have no comment on this
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020