The two networks were penalized but it is unknown if those who bought or sold links have received notices in their Google Webmaster Tools accounts yet. It usually takes a few days after a link network is hit before webmasters get official notices of the penalties in their accounts.
If you were one of the sites penalized due to the link networks, you should start removing and/or disavowing links immediately.
Mozcast showed some volatility over the weekend in the search results and some of it could be the result of the link networks being hit.
Google hasn’t been commenting on link networks being penalized in Google as much lately, as Matt Cutts stated prior to going on leave that they were trying to be more positive in their communications. I have reached out to Google for comment.
Update: I reached out to Google and they responded that they have no comment on this
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018