In yesterday’s hangout, Gary Illyes discussed Penguin and said while he was away on vacation, as far as he knows the update is months from now.
Penguin, so I was on vacation for a few weeks and I fell out of the information flow about these things. Penguin refreshes on the long run, as far as I know, will happen almost real time or close to real time. But as usual, I don’t have anything to announce, and I think I already said this, but an update is still really far away. I think we are still talking about months.
On the positive side, it still appears as though Google is still wanting to make Penguin a real time change, rather than the current long-delay cycle we are currently seeing.
There were many people who were hoping we would see an update in October, since the previous Penguin refresh happened in October 2014. But it now seems that an October 2015 timeline would be wishful thinking.
But having updated news that a Penguin update isn’t happening relatively soon will definitely be a disappointment for those who have cleaned up their Penguin issues and are waiting on the refresh for their Penguin issues to be lifted. But having updated information on when it might come is much better than not hearing anything at all, which often happens.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018