If it seems that you are seeing “People also ask” boxes in the search results more lately, you aren’t imagining things. Google has sharply increased the percent that the related questions box now shows up in the search results, according to Mozcast data.
Google has increased the number of search results displaying “People also ask” from 7.7% to just below 15%.
Dr Pete Meyers from Moz confirmed that the change was an increase in the related questions feature and not due to some coding changes made on Google’s end.
Seeing a big jump in Related Questions ("People Also Ask") around March 11 – have confirmed these on live SERPs — https://t.co/zezk9DUD3r
— Dr. Pete Meyers (@dr_pete) March 18, 2016
Google first began testing related questions in April 2015 before widely rolling it out. And with this huge increase, it appears that they are happy with the current interaction with the “people also ask” that show up in the search results.
The change seems to be for both mobile and desktop searches.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing Breadcrumb URLs Above Titles on Mobile Search Results - March 30, 2017
- Google My Business Showing Business Area Served in Knowledge Panel - March 29, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Adds Local Service Areas Map to Search Results - March 29, 2017
- How Google Chooses “People Also Search For” in Knowledge Panels - March 27, 2017
- Google’s Algo Removes Some Site’s Search Results Pages from Index - March 27, 2017