Google is testing yet another variation of green in the URL of the search results. They are testing a green that is so dark it almost looks black.
Here is how it looks:
Here is how it normally looks:
Interesting, they are keeping the same usual green in the AdWords “Ad” tag that shows next to the AdWords ads. Normally in these tests, they change the color of the ad tag as well. Here is how it looks (and you can also see this test doesn’t affect the Google local pack):
Google has a history of testing many different colors in the search results, some which become permanent and some which are just small scale tests.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Over 60% of Google Search AMP Clicks Go To Non-News Sites - February 13, 2018
- Bing Testing Stacked Sitelinks in Search Results - February 12, 2018
- Google Chrome to Flag Sites as Not Secure in July 2018 - February 8, 2018
- Google Changes Image Size Requirements for AMP articles - February 8, 2018
- Google Search Console Alerts for Sites Without High-Res Favicons - February 8, 2018