Google is testing yet another variation of green in the URL of the search results. They are testing a green that is so dark it almost looks black.
Here is how it looks:
Here is how it normally looks:
Interesting, they are keeping the same usual green in the AdWords “Ad” tag that shows next to the AdWords ads. Normally in these tests, they change the color of the ad tag as well. Here is how it looks (and you can also see this test doesn’t affect the Google local pack):
Google has a history of testing many different colors in the search results, some which become permanent and some which are just small scale tests.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Googlebot Shows Fluctuations on Time Spent Downloading Page Report - May 24, 2018
- Google: When to Choose Subdirectories vs Subdomains - May 22, 2018
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018