Google Adwords is testing yet another color of green in their AdWords ads. This time, it is an olive green shade for the “Ad” tag and the URL line in Google AdWords.
Here is what the new color looks like:
And here is another one, submitted in the comments below from Javi.
This green is quite a different shade compared to the recent test last month that saw 5% of all ads being served as green. Yellow is the default ad tag color while the URL is usually a brighter shade of green. Google is continuing to test the brighter green version of this ad tag as well.
Here is a comparison between the two:
While it is a subtle difference, the brighter version of the “Ad” tag stands out a bit more when compared to the green version.
Google has often tested a variety of colors in the search results. We recently also saw Google testing black titles, a change that confused many searchers.
Thank you Frank Sandtmann for sending the screenshot to TheSEMPost.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018