Google Adwords is testing yet another color of green in their AdWords ads. This time, it is an olive green shade for the “Ad” tag and the URL line in Google AdWords.
Here is what the new color looks like:
And here is another one, submitted in the comments below from Javi.
This green is quite a different shade compared to the recent test last month that saw 5% of all ads being served as green. Yellow is the default ad tag color while the URL is usually a brighter shade of green. Google is continuing to test the brighter green version of this ad tag as well.
Here is a comparison between the two:
While it is a subtle difference, the brighter version of the “Ad” tag stands out a bit more when compared to the green version.
Google has often tested a variety of colors in the search results. We recently also saw Google testing black titles, a change that confused many searchers.
Thank you Frank Sandtmann for sending the screenshot to TheSEMPost.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018