Google is testing an enlarged version of their recipe results, such as this one including 5 lines of description, plus additional lines for site links. These are regular recipe results, using the recipe schema markup, but Google is displaying a much longer description than the usual two lines we see in most recipe results.
It is not showing up for all queries. For example, here is the same Martha Stewart example as above, but with only three lines – and with also a shorter featured snippet. But the Simply Recipes example remains the same.
We also spotted Google testing regular search results with 7 lines for the description. But those were regular search results, not recipe markup results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018