We noticed Google testing red stars in both their AdWords ads and for reviews in the regular organic search results last week. They are now also testing it in local 3-packs as well, and in the mobile search results too.
Here is a screenshot of the red stars in local:
Google began testing red stars a week or so ago, in both AdWords and the regular organic search results, one of many star-colored tests they have run over the years in the Google search results. But it still seems that it is only a test and not something that is being unrolled to more search results.
It also shows that they are testing these red stars in the mobile search results as well, and not just the desktop results.
H/T Danny Goodwin
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018